Agent 99 produced the multi-award winning, fashion film, Proclamation Punctuation, directed by longtime fashion / commercial (video) editor, Sewra Kidane. This producer / filmmaker alliance was a symbiotic, working union between two creatives who both had deep roots in the craft of film editing and the advertising world.
This witty, experimental short, chronicles a fabulously, fashionable femme fatale sharing anecdotes of her"overuse of the exclamation point"!!! With the poise of a gazelle and the fierceness of Ms. Grace Jones, our protagonist glides, chides and poses like a contortionist, runway model.
The film has screened in film festivals across the globe from; NYC to LA to London to Capetown to Cannes. It's tickled and uplifted audiences in it's humorous approach to challenging the rules of grammar and the celebration of the beauty and regality of the Black Woman.
• Selected and paired director with cinematographer
• Casting associate; conducted casting search, connected with modeling agencies, co-supervised and ran casting sessions
• Executed PR / Social media promotion for the film
• Promoted and attended numerouse screenings
• The New York African Film Festival, at Lincoln Center
• Diversity in Cannes: Short Film Showcase, WINNER: BEST EDITING & DIRECTOR'S CHOICE
• The La Jolla International Fashion Film Festival, 2018
Press & Exhibits:
• Named in Forbes Magazine, "12 of The Best Fashion Films of 2017"
• Selected to screen in Pratt Institute's,"Contextualizing Fashion"exhibit at the Rubelle and Norman Schafler Gallery
Credits & Screenings:
"Martini, that's a wrap!" Cast & Crew at Be Electric Studios, Bklyn, NY
Director / Editor: Sewra G Kidane
Executive Producers: Lazelle F. Williams & Sewra G Kidane
Producer: Namakula Nasejje Musoke | Agent 99
Lead: Ayo Janeen Jackson
Writer: Yvonne Durant
Director of Photography: Michael Cooke
Original Score: Jeffrey Allen Scott
Camera Operator: Rose Ashikyan
Key Grip: Jamal Solomon
Gaffer: Lee Walker
Swing: Alexandra Bock
Location Sound Mixer: Reed Adler
Re-Recording Engineer: Cory Choy
Sound Design: Tarcisio Longobardi / Sound by Silver Sound Studios, NYC
Colorist: Dave Francis / Color by Technicolor, NYC
Wardrobe: Chandra L. Moore
Hair & Make-Up: Jenique Belle
Set Designer: Clymenza Hawkins
Creative Direction: Sewra G Kidane
Creative Consultant & Unit Still Photographer: Rod Gailes OBC
Wardrobe Assistant: Parker Grey
Production Assistant: Imani Tudor
Jewelry by: Lorraine West
Wardrobe Provided by: Heidi Akerman, Felicity Brown, Andrew Wedge, Alexander McQueen, Devious, Chrsitian Louboutin, Sam Edelman
Named in Forbes', "The 12 of the Best Fashion Films of 2017" list.
Want to know more?
Contact us for info on our producing, production and casting services.